Samsung Gem SCH-I100 Android Smartphone 3-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi for Verizon Big SALE


*DATA PLAN MAY BE REQUIRED FOR USE
Keeping in touch with friends has never been easier. The Gem allows you to post photos, messages or emails to all your favorite social network sites with the touch of one button. It keeps track of contact info and email addresses which can be scanned in a single view. And with its built-in calendar, you can organize all your social and business appointments. This basic Android smartphone sports an 800 MHz processor and EVDO Rev. A 3G data. Other features include touch screen, 3-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, and Swype text entry.

Phone Specifications

  • SCH-I100ZKAVZW

This Unlocked Cell Phones give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Do not buy this phone.
I got suckered into a 2 year contract with this phone through Verizon. You don't have to look far on the internet to see that other owners of this product are completely disappointed. If you are looking for a smartphone to increase productivity, look elsewhere. This phone always freezes, especially when you really need to use it. You have to pull the battery out many times a day because the phone overheats, sputters, and goes into fits. It can barely do the basics, that is make phone calls and text messages. I have been in situations where I can't make a call for over half an hour because I have to keep restarting this phone. The restart seems to take a minimum of 5 minutes each time. The touch screen often has a delayed reaction of over 15 seconds. This phone should never have been released. It is a total sham, and I feel robbed having been suckered into using this piece of junk. Now I'm tied to it like a boat anchor and for months. At least a boat anchor is useful. The only use this...

2. Samsung Dud, NOT Gem!
This phone is an epic fail and the only thing "smart" about it is in the name smart phone, which is a complete misnomer as I often feel dumbed down when I try to use it! My old cell phone died on me, and Verizon offered this phone to me for free as a replacement, so I was fortunate not to have spent money on it. The criticisms are many, but I will just hilight a few of them:

Texting. There is obviously no qwerty keyboard, so you have to use the touchscreen in order to text. Normally this would be fine, if there were not frequent delays between letter selections because it freezes constantly. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be texting with someone who has a qwerty, and/or a decent phone and they are rapid firing texts at you, and are three or for text ahead while you are still trying to answer the first one! The voice to text thing barely works, and is too much hassle to deal with because even though you take your time and enunciate clearly, MOST of the time...

Need more appointment... ?
Ehhh, there's better.
I got this phone about 6 months ago. I don't seem to have the same problems that the other guy here has had. I would say that this thing was very uninspiring though.
It is extremely slow. My son is six and can't even stand to play Angry Birds on it cuz the birds fly so slow when you release them from the slingshot. Battery life honestly has been pretty decent. I can get usually two days out of it now cuz I really don't use it as a smart phone much. Only texting and calls.
Yes, when you reboot it if you have to, it's a 5 minute process. Slow as hell to come to life. The camera is pretty low pixel. The pics are ok but not great. No flash either. That kinda sucks. I would pass if I were you. Plus side, if you want a cheap smart phone, you'll get what you pay for
More information by click here.
CameraConnectivityDataDisplayGeneralInputMessaging
3.0 MPBluetoothEVDOColorAlarmSide KeysInstant Messenging
USBFlight ModeTouch ScreenCalculatorSwypeMMS