Pantech P7040 Link Unlocked Phone with QWERTY Keyboard, 1.3 MP Camera and GPS-No Warranty-Wine/Black On Sale


The Pantech Link weighs 3.2 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.39 inches. Its 930 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 240 hours (10 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS)
  • This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
  • 3G-enabled quick-messaging phone with full QWERTY keyboard and easy access to messaging, e-mail and social networking
  • Compatible with AT&T Video Share, AT&T Mobile Music, and AT&T Navigator GPS turn-by-turn directions
  • 1.3-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion to 32 GB; organizer tools; digital audio player
  • Up to 3 hours of talk time, up to 240 hours (10 days) of standby time

This All Products give to us some advantages, like this :
1. All About Perspective...
First, I will state that I am using this model cellphone to write this review. I have had this phone for one year, one month, twelve days, seven hours and fourteen minutes as of this writing. It has good battery-life; I have turned it off about a dozen times, maybe. I charge it regularly. It has never died, though it is time to replace it, as the charger no longer stays securely in place. This phone has taken a severe beating from me, and earned my respect thereby. It has hit the concrete a thousand times. I once dropped it in the sink, partially submerging it. I used a hair-blowdryer on it, then left it in my oven overnight to dry, and months later it's like it never happened. So it isn't super-delicate and will survive some abuse, I can swear to that. It has served as my daily internet connection (for news, shopping, Wikipedia, YouTubing, Amazon, reporting earthquakes to the USGS - everything the casual internetter does - all on an "unlimited" data plan, of course, and I am not here...

2. Decent Phone
So, I got this phone to use with a plan we already have. It's pretty good for texting (threaded texts), taking a reasonable picture, or using instant messenger.

A few things I don't like about it:
There's no subject line for if you want to add a caption to a picture you are sending to facebook via mms.
The middle button, when pressed at the home menu, will bring up the internet. (Creates bad accidents if you don't have a good data plan)
If the directional button is pushed to the left, email pops up. (Another thing to remember to avoid)
Menus are cumbersome if you don't set shortcuts.
I've had some issues where my keyboard input is lysdexic and places letters in the wrong order from what I typed.
Adding a ringtone is difficult for this phone, unless maybe you buy one through at&t. I haven't used the feature to find out, sorry.

Conclusion: All in all, I think it's a very useful phone. It's definitely not as capable as a smartphone, but...

Need more appointment... ?
Mixed Bag
I bought this phone to replace my old Razr that was still working fine. I wanted something that i could text faster on and would have more memory for pics and music. I always liked the looks of the Blackberry but didnt want to spend a small fortune on a phone that doesnt get used alot. I saw an ad in the newspaper from Target Stores. They had this phone on sale for 40 bucks. I had never heard of Pantech and was not sure what i would be getting my self into. I bought the phone and set it up for Go Phone. I have had the phone for about 6 months and so far it works fine. I am still trying to get used to it since i used my Razr for many years. Things i dont like: The screen shuts off too soon. It doesnt have a conventional 1/8" plug for headphones. You need an adapter. Voicemail wont give you a name or number so as to know who called. You have to call it to find out who called and get charged. No option to delete voicemails that you dont want to check. Text messages get grouped together...
More information by click here.